What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is made up of regular folks, who are on a journey toward wholeness; seeking recovery from and celebrating God's healing of life's hurts, habits and hang-ups. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can grow. Ask yourself:
- Are there things in my life that I do that hurt others?
- Is there something I wish I could live without?
- Is it time to crack my denial and admit I am not in control of my life?
- Do I have a painful habit or hang-up from which I need to be freed?
If you answered “yes” to any of these statements then we urge you to attend a Celebrate Recovery meeting to see if it is for you.
The DNA of an authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry.
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is a Christ-centered ministry.
2. The Bible* and Celebrate Recovery curriculum consisting of the Leader’s Guide, four Participant’s Guides, and the Celebrate Recovery Journal are to be used exclusively. The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, allowing teachers to be creative with the introduction and conclusion of each lesson.
Life’s Healing Choices is part of the approved curriculum. You will find this book may be used in many creative ways in your Large Group, Newcomers group, and Step Study groups. To find the 5 ways you can use Life’s Healing Choices in your Celebrate Recovery ministry locate the reference at www.celebraterecovery.com
Celebration Place & The Landing are the approved Celebrate Recovery curriculum for kids and youth. They are the only Children’s and Youth curriculum that ties directly with the Celebrate Recovery curriculum for adults.
Use of the Celebrate Recovery Bible is strongly encouraged due to the fact that it is the only Bible that directly corresponds to the Celebrate Recovery curriculum. The Celebrate Recovery Bible has been designed to work with the resources developed and tested in the national and international ministry of Celebrate Recovery. The Celebrate Recovery Bible on Kindle, iBooks and Nook are also approved curriculum.
3. The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the Small Group Guidelines and format.
4. There are NO online Celebrate Recovery groups. Face-to-face group meetings ONLY.
5. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed every time.
6. We expect each group to be accountable to Christ, the local church, and the model of Celebrate Recovery established at Saddleback Church.